REPLACEMENT LAPTOP BATTERY FOR HP HV03XL
How to care for your HV03XL battery.
This is the Replacement Hp HV03XL Battery, You can extend the life of your laptop battery significantly through the proper care and handling of your battery.
- Any new HV03XL battery should first be fully charged by leaving it plugged in overnight. Once a computer battery is fully charged it will no longer accept any more power. It is a common practice to leave laptops plugged in after they have been turned off so that the battery has a full charge the next time you use your laptop. It is probably fully charged within 5 hours.
- A brand new HV03XL notebook battery is in a weakened condition since it has not been conditioned yet. Condition and break in your new battery by performing 5 partial discharge and recharge cycles the first week you receive your new battery.
- Run on battery power without the AC adapter cord at least once a week to keep the HV03XL battery cells active and at their peak potential. When your laptop is plugged into the power adapter the battery goes to ‘standby mode’ while your laptop runs directly on electricity from the wall outlet.
- Even though your battery indicates it is fully charged, your battery will return to a weakened state again in a few months if it does not get some exercise through partial discharge and recharge cycles while running on battery power alone.
- If your HV03XL battery has not been actively used 2 months or more, condition your battery again with 5 partial discharge & recharge cycles to increase the batteries capacity and run time.
- Don’t run your battery all the way to empty. Your battery will have a longer service life if it receives shallow discharge and recharge cycles. Research has shown that the useful life of the battery will be much longer if you begin to recharge the battery any time before reaching 20% of the remaining power capacity. Recharging the HV03XL battery even after 10 minutes will not reduce the battery’s life span as lithium batteries do not have the memory effect which was found in older NiCad battery technology. NiCad batteries have never been used in laptops, even the earliest models.
- Never run your battery below the 2% critically low warning point. If your battery is run below this point it may not have enough energy to even recharge. This may effectively ‘kill’ your HV03XL battery.
|Product Name||Hp HV03XL Laptop Battery|
|Compatible Part Numbers:||817184-005, 818418-421, HSTNN-LB7B, HV03XL|